- The services and tools provided by Jellysmack (“Services”);
- The following websites: https://www.jellysmack.com/, and any subsidiary websites owned by Jellysmack or its affiliates (‘Our sites” or “Websites”);
- The following corporate social networks (“Corporate Social Media Channels and Pages”:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jellysmack/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jellysmack and https://twitter.com/jellysmacklabs
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/jellysmack
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jellysmack/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/Jellysmack
PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
- Sourcing prospective partners and managing relationships with current partners
- Select our partners based on their business performance or expertise
- Collect, re-edit, optimize, test, check, and publish content for both Owned and Operated (“O&O”) Jellysmack creators and partners
- Measure the performance of the content published
- Define and use custom segments of the audiences managed by Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, etc. (“Social Media Platforms”) for targeted advertising
- Community management including banning requests on the pages we manage for both O&O Jellysmack creators and partners
- Provide users of our Services with support when they directly contact us through our contact forms on our Websites or via email
- Execute services agreements related to the use of our services, tools, related offerings, and associated payments
- Brand safety and fraud prevention and detection
- Improve our services and tools and measure usage
- Research and development
TYPE OF DATA COLLECTED
We collect data relating to the use of our Website, traffic logs, user conduct, or the results of Site usage. We also collect data about your usage of the Jellysmack services for creators, content providers and digital professionals partnering with us (“Usage Data”).
If you provide your contact information directly to Jellysmack through our contact forms on our Sites (where you provide us with personal identifiers such as name, email, and phone number), we will use this Personal Data only to respond to your request and will process it only based on your consent, to execute the service agreement or if we have a legitimate legal interest.
We can also collect your contact information from publicly available sources such as your social network pages in order to contact you and develop a partnership with you.
Relationship management data
Jellysmack collects data from you to help best manage our relationship including your expertise, your plans, your availability or keep track of our last exchange with you.
We also might record calls with creators and content providers so that we can focus on you and your requirements instead of taking notes. If you don’t approve the recording of this call, please let us know and we won’t record the phone call.
We do not request and have no intention to collect sensitive information during these calls. We also do not intend to record people around you. Please make sure that other persons in your surroundings are not recorded unintentionally, or that you have provided them with this notice and they acknowledged their approval to the recording.
We retain the call recordings and related personal information for 36 months. Thereafter, we archive and use them only for necessary purposes, such as internal audits and legal disputes and proceedings. You can contact us to request access or deletion of your recordings at any moment.
Aggregated Data From Social Media Platforms
We collect aggregated Usage Data from the Social Media Platforms associated with the pages and content for both O&O Jellysmack creators and partners. The aggregated Usage Data is used to track content and page performance as well as to create metrics and custom segments of the audiences managed by the Social Media Platforms through the following methods:
- We receive aggregated statistical information about the performance of the posts and promoted content, such as numbers of views and types of viewers from the Social Media Platforms. This data is aggregated and anonymized by the Social Media Platforms before it is made available to us.
- We also use the paid advertising and paid content tools provided by the Social Media Platforms to help us carry out advertising campaigns for our Ad partners and to promote the content on the Social Media Platforms. With your consent, the Social Media Channels display advertisements to you via targeted advertising methods and tailored to your individual interest. As a reminder, we only receive aggregated statistical information about interactions with our ads and paid content (such as number of views, number of times shared, etc.) from the Social Media Platforms. We process information provided to us by the Social Media Platforms on the basis of our legitimate interest in interacting with our audience on social media and using social media to promote our content.
Aggregated Data provided by the Social Media Platforms is anonymized, and no Personal Data identifying you or any Data Subject is used.
We do not have access to the list of Data Subjects included in the audience metrics provided in the Aggregated Data from Jellysmack sites and pages.
We collect and aggregate Usage Data that contains Personal Data from your comments on our Corporate Social Media Channels and Pages solely in order to create metrics and statistical audience segments (“Aggregated Data”). Aggregated Data consists of information that is aggregated, or combined, with information of other Data Subjects (identifiable physical persons, who potentially may be identified, directly or indirectly, by identifiers such as name, online profile, IP number, etc.). Jellysmack uses YouTube API Services and similar API services of the other platforms we work with to collect such data.
We recommend that you also review the Privacy Policies and your personal privacy settings on the Social Media Platforms where our Channels and Pages appear and where your comments are posted and shared, to ensure that those Privacy Policies and your personal privacy settings accurately reflect your consent for the use of any Personal Data.
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Snapchat: https://snap.com/en-US/privacy/privacy-policy
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/p/en/legal/privacy-notice/
- Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
We calculate performance data in order to select our partners based on their business performance or expertise. We use content data, usage data and data provided by you in order to produce the performance data. We do not have automated decisions based on these performance metrics, they are considered as a component of our decision making process to work with you.
Special Category Data
From time to time, we may perform a targeted audience survey (“Audience Survey”) on our Corporate Social Media Channels and Pages for our United States audience only in order to collect statistical data. Such an Audience Survey may include demographic Personal Data (such as information about age, gender, ethnic origin, marital status or household income) (“Special Category Data”). We will not collect Special Category Data in any Audience Survey without your consent. If we collect Special Category Data, we will not share it with or sell it to any Third Party for business or any other reasons.
Google Analytics Cookies
We are using Google Analytics to collect and process Usage Data on our Site and improve the performance of our Services. On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports on Site activity, and to provide us with other services relating to the Site and internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You may be able to change browser settings to block and delete Cookies when you access the Services through a web browser. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
Third-Party Tools Used
- We collect and share your data with Jellysmack partners who are contributing to deliver our Services. These third parties include social network platforms for content collection and delivery and as audience providers, hosting services, tools for prospection, market insight and CRM, internal operations and communication, product and service delivery, community management and moderation, data management and contractors for content editing, testing, and checking.
The list of these third parties is detailed on this page with the associated purposes. We update this page regularly so feel free to check it from time to time.
Purpose of Third-Party Transfer
We process personal data within Jellysmack’s legal entities and use external tools and third parties in order to operate our business and provide you the best Services, and in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Any Personal Data provided to Jellysmack will not under any circumstances be sold to any third parties. Your Personal Data can be shared with third parties in the following situations:
- For legal and statutory reasons. Your information and Personal Data may be disclosed to a third party if Jellysmack is required to do so by law, regulation, or court order, or if such disclosure is compelled or necessary for the purposes of an investigation, injunction or judicial proceeding, within or outside the United States.
- Merger and company sale. In the event of any merger, company sale or other company asset transfers, or acquisition of all or a portion of Jellysmack by another third-party Company, your information may be disclosed in connection with the negotiations of such transaction, solely as permitted by law and/or contract.
Jellysmack is not responsible for Third-Party Sites, which may collect information about you through the use of their own Cookies and other informatic tools (Third-Party Widgets, Web Beacons, etc.). We advise you to read their privacy policies carefully to check that your Personal Data is well protected. Jellysmack will not be responsible for any liability or damages resulting from your use of any Third-Party Sites.
Personal Data related to Jellysmack’s Services and tools is hosted in the United States, in Oregon, by Amazon as our third-party hosting partner for data storage. We can also use third party solutions and tools (SaaS) that can be hosted in various countries.
By using the Services, you authorize Jellysmack to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States and where we operate.
Jellysmack also uses encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our Sites and tools. However, no data transmission over the Internet is fully secure, so Jellysmack cannot guarantee the total and complete security of Personal Data transmitted in this way.
Personal Data is retained for a period of time depending on the purposes of processing your Personal Data and Jellysmack will securely destroy your Personal Data once there is no longer a need to keep it, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Jellysmack is highly sensitive to the privacy of children. Therefore, Jellysmack will not collect Personal Data from children, except those displayed in the content from our creators. If Jellysmack or its employees become aware that Personal Data from a child has been collected or received, we will promptly delete all such Personal Data collected or provided to us.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
EU and UK data subjects
You can exercise the following rights by contacting Jellysmack at: email@example.com
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object
Before processing the request, Jellysmack may need to ensure the identity of the person making the request to avoid sharing data with an unauthorized person and may request additional information from you.
As a European or United Kingdom Citizen, you have the right to file a complaint with a European Union supervisory authority, (or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are a resident of the United Kingdom), in the event you have reasonable doubt that we are not processing your Personal Data in compliance with applicable law and GDPR, or UK-GDPR.
In such a case, we are asking you to contact us first by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make our best efforts to reply promptly.
You are entitled to the following specific rights under the CCPA in relation to personal information related to you:
- You have a right to request that we will disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of personal information related to you over the past 12 months, including:
- (i) The categories of personal information that we collect about you
- (ii)The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- (iii) The purposes for collecting, using, or selling that personal information
- (iv) The categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose or sold, and the categories of third-parties to whom we disclosed or sold that particular category of personal information
- (v) The specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you
- You have a right to request that we delete personal information related to you that we collected from you under certain circumstances and exceptions.
- You have a right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
To make such requests, contact Jellysmack at email@example.com.
Before processing the request, Jellysmack must ensure the identity of the person making the request to avoid sharing data with an unauthorized person and may request additional information from you.
You also have a right to submit your request via an authorized agent. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to access or delete your personal information on your behalf, the authorized agent must: (1) be a person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California; (2) provide proof of such registration; and (3) provide documentation or other proof indicating that they are authorized to act on your behalf. We may also require you to verify your identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Jellysmack can be reached for requests related to personal data by:
- Sending us a letter at: Jellysmack, 450 Park Ave South, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10016, USA.
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using the contact form available on our site www.jellysmack.com.
When changes are made, the date will be updated and, in some cases, we will notify you through our Site such as on our homepage. Please come back and check from time to time for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Last Updated: 18 October, 2022